Packing for Camp Weekend: Camden Hills
This list is a suggested packing list for our weekend away at Camden Hills. At Camden Hills State Park campground, the bath house is not far from our campsite, and there is running potable water for drinking and doing dishes. There is no electricity at our campsite but when we go into town, there are charging stations at the Chamber of Commerce and Camden library that we can use. Our campsite is near the ocean (yes!) so be prepared to have warm clothes for night time and sailing.
Here is the full map of the park and our site which shows our spot, in the group site area, near #19.
Text us if you have any questions about gear! Sarah McLean: 207 251 6792 // Cait Bourgault: 207 546 6300
- Sleeping bag
- Comfortable shoes
- Trash bag (keep the site clean!)
- Comfortable campsite outfit (we love a flannel and leggings, comfortable shoes, and extra warm socks. Make sure you're prepared with warm clothes in case it gets cold overnight.)
- Outfit for Saturday night (For sailing or enjoying downtown Camden)
- Cooking/dining utensils
Optional Camp Stuff:
- Camp chair
- Portable battery pack (for charging phones, etc.)
- Sleeping pad
We're into easy camp-food options. Check out dehydrated travel food if you're not a campfire chef.
- Bring your own breakfast (or eat before boarding the bus!)
- Bring your own lunch (we'll be eating lunch on the summit of our first hike)
- Bring your own dinner to prepare at camp, or grab something to eat in Downtown Camden during downtime
- Pack plenty of snacks and remember to refill your water!
- Whatever campfire treats you enjoy; s'mores, beer, etc.
- Bring your own breakfast to prepare at camp
- We're getting lunch at Waterman's Beach Lobster, so be prepared to pay for that (it's cash-only, BTW)
- We'll be back in Portland by dinner time!
For the #Babehikes:
IN YOUR HIKING BACKPACK
- At least 32oz. of water
- Lunch & snacks
- Athletic/synthetic shirt
- Insulation layer (a light fleece jacket or hoodie)
- Shell layer (wind or rain jacket)
- Base layer pants or shorts
- Athletic socks
- Hiking boots or sneakers (never hurts to try Goodwill)
- Bug spray
- Hiking poles